At a first glance, the Dymo LabelWriter 4XL looks very much like its earlier counterparts, namely the Dymo Label Writer 450 Twin Turbo and the Dymo LabelWriter 450. However, a close inspection will reveal that the Dymo LabelWriter 4XL is a very different innovation with a number of new additions. The printer can print on 16 by 6.275-inch shipping labels. The speed and the software, however, remain the same. Dymo could work really well for small enterprises who mainly ship out their products through online stores.
Dymo roughly takes up about 5.5 by 7.8 by 7.3 inches of desk space. However, it is still able to print very wide labels. In that sense, it is way more functional than most office label printers. The Dymo LabelWriter 4Xl, however, does not have an automatic cutter. This may be a small drawback as the lack of an automatic cutter puts it at a tough competition with other products like Brother TD-4000 and even other Dymo label writers who can print sufficiently large labels as well as come with inbuilt label cutters. However, the rolls tear off with much ease even though they are very wide in size. Even the 4.16 inch wide labels can be taken out very cleanly.
Features of the Dymo LabelWriter 4XL
- This thermal label printer allows you to print labels directly from the platforms such as MS Word, Excel, Card Scan, and Outlook. This greatly reduces your task by cutting down the need to retype the labels before printing them.
- You can use this label printer for a number of different things from printing labels to creating markers, folders, badges and also printing down addresses. You can also print additional labels with this printer.
- This shipping label printer allows you to print labels of 300 dpi. You can print texts, graphics as well as barcodes with a very high clarity.
- If you find the working to be good, you can also share this with friends through Windows or Mac
- The thermal label printer comes in a very compact size of 178 by 187 by 134. It can, therefore, fit almost anywhere without any difficulty. These printers can easily be installed into office desks.
- This shipping label printer is very versatile when it comes to the functionality. Many office printers have a good compact size. However, the compact size means compromising on the size of the labels. So if you are looking to have, desktop printers are pretty useless. However, it is not the same with the 4XL printer. It definitely comes in a very compact size, but is able to print a very wide size of labels. It can easily print labels that are up to 4.16” wide. This would include the shipping labels that are 4.1” by 6.275” wide, the warehouse labels, bulk mailing labels and a number of other labeling formats. The greatest advantage is that its high clarity in the printed labels also allows you to conveniently print the barcodes and identification labels.
What makes the Dymo LabelWriter 4XL one of the Best Shipping Label Printers
- With 4XL, you can print labels that are 10cm wide. These labels can be used for mass mailings amongst other uses. The other sizes like 104 by 159 could be used for warehouses, barcodes, and identification.
- The one thing that is very new in the Dymo LabelWriter 4XL is that you can use this machine to custom print your own labels. This is not a very common feature amongst the label printers and therefore a very new and interesting addition. The new Dymo 4XL thermal label printer has over 60+ labels that you can directly choose from. Further, there are various layouts and options for customization.
- The software used for the new Dymo LabelWriter 4XL shipping label printer allows you to print addresses, file folder labels, badge and name tags directly from your PC.
- This new printer can print at a very fast pace. In one minute, it can print up to 53 standard lines, 4 line addresses and 129 high capacity 4 line address labels.
- It can print with a very clear 300 dpi resolution. The barcodes, texts and the graphics are very crystal clear
- You could easily search for the contacts from your address book and filter them out before you have them printed through the 4 XL
- The Dymo label printer 4 XL uses thermal printing technology and therefore does not require any expensive ink or toner.
- The shipping is done at the flat rate. You will not have to pay for any extras
- One of the best label printers as it has the ability to print directly from the USPS website
- The settings are very easy. The instructions are given very clearly in the manual
- The brand provides free tech support in case you are faced with any difficulties
- It comes with a very good warranty period for a printer
- If you are not satisfied with the product, you can even send it back and avail for a full money back
- If you have any problem in using it with the USPS, you can read from the online forums managed by the company for guidance
- You can have it set for customized options when you are regularly using it for different paper sizes
- The controls are very easy, simple point and click
- Saves a lot of time and frustration
- One of the best label printers as it is very easy to install as well as connect
- It also prints very quickly and does not produce a lot of noise. You can get your job done very quietly
- The printer may be a little hard to repair if it stops working after the warranty period
- If it stops working after printing a few labels, you will have to restart it all over again
- It may reject out a few rolls sometimes
- The customer support is not very convenient. You might get an email while trying to send a mail
The Dymo LabelWiter 4XL is much more versatile than its earlier counterparts. The main advantages are that it allows for label customization and can be used for printing labels of all shapes and sizes. You can also have it installed almost anywhere due to its highly compact size. You even have them placed over your office desk. It may also be the best label printer for homes. So if you are looking for a greater functionality and reliability, this product is a must.
- Value for Price
- Ease of Use